Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love is in the Air...






Matt had two Valentines this year! We had a great day but I am pretty tired. The day started pretty early for us... I made Matt breakfast in bed (he is so spoiled) then for lunch we had a picnic at the beach. Despite chilly weather and some threatening clouds we had a great time! When I picked Matt up from work, I told him to sit in the back with Reese because she had a Valentine's Day surprise for him... (mostly I didn't want her to get a papercut in her mouth from gnawing on the V-Day card around her neck!) He loved it and I knew I needed to document it with a photo!
Then for dinner, Matt and I enjoyed a romantic dinner at our favorite restaurant in Corona Del Mar, Bandera. A huge thank you goes out to Brad and Kori for watching our baby girl so we could have a night with just the two of us! We owe you guys big time! A filet mignon and banana cream pie later we are all back at home relaxing... trying to get our firecracker of a daughter to go to bed. However, she would much rather stay up and talk to us! All in all a great Valentine's Day and we send out lots of love to our friends and family.

17 comments:

Michael and Natalie said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Reese is so crafty... and SO BEAUTIFUL!! I can't even handle it... Love you!

Katie said...

Her hair has grown so much! Nice you had a night out to yourselves! A girl in Zach's class watched Mia for us so we could go to dinner and a movie!

Rebecca said...

Bandera, huh?! She is such a good mix of the two of you. What a cutie!

shari berry bo-berry said...

She's so darling! I love the little valentine.

I'm sorry we had to quickly leave from her blessing...we've been having a hard time with jakob lately. I wish we could have stayed to visit a bit more, but I am glad we got to come.

Mands Glenn said...

I love Reese's rubberband arms and wrists. Ohhh I love Chubby babes. Happy V-day. Sounds like you guys had a full day of Love!

kori said...

such cute pics of little reese!

Treidi said...

that is one cute little girl!

DDD said...

she is so sweet. shes a perfect mixture of the both of you!

Mom Morphy said...

Oh Matt and Kay,
Your baby doll is adorable! So dang cute and sweet! She is really beautiful! I can't wait to see her!

Mom Morphy said...

PS By the way....I love the music choice!

Nik said...

Seriously that is the sweetest, most adorable little girl! Parenting ROCKS! I am so glad we now know about your blog. I am totally going to keep up on the Jones. Kay, I love your name (wanted to use it on our kate but we couldn't have a kaye and elle as my brother pointed out). I hope I soon have the chance to get to know you better. You look amazing! Matt I can't wait to see you as a dad!
This is Brooke, I just realized I am signed in as Nik, opps:)

Beth Davis said...

What an adorable little Valentine you guys have! She is a doll and I can't wait to see her!
Maybe some day she'll be Tucker's Valentine. Watch out Matt:-) I'm kidding- I know better than to mess with a daddy's girl.
PS- I've never seen those pictures of you and Matt before. Those are soooo good. You guys are a hot couple!

Beth Davis said...

OH and PS- It's so funny- I always sing that L.O.V.E song to Tucker. I love that I heard it on your blog.

Jack and Heidi Shiner said...

Love thes pictures!!! Also love your slide roll. You inspired me to make one of my own :) Can't wait to see you next week!

Megan Bowen said...

I really can't believe how cute she is. We need to get together. I am going out of town this week but I will call you sometime in a week when I get back.

Julianne said...

Reese is SO cute! I can't figure out who she looks like... half of each of you, maybe? If Sara hasn't told you already, she is CONVINCED that my Allison is Matt's daughter. She even calls her "Madeline Jane". I don't see it... I think she looks like my Uncle Ray - either way, she looks like a man. Poor little girl.

I love the Valentine idea!

shari berry bo-berry said...

we got your cute baby announcement! she is so sweet, thank you!