Tuesday, October 09, 2007

New York! New York!



So for our last hoorah Matt and I went to visit our sweet sister Becky in Manhattan. We had a blast! It was our last trip before our little girl arrives and we enjoyed every second of it. It was so awesome to be able to walk around the city all day, and stay up all night eating at the best restaurants. Becky showed us such a good time... Thanks Beck! Here is a taste of our trip... each picture has its own caption but some of the highlights were:

1) Becky got us into the Nicole Miller show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week! It was my first and probably my last fashion show but it was ridiculously cool to be there for the experience. In the pictures of the actual runway, you can see Ivana Trump, Jane Krakowski from 30 Rock and Nigel Barker from America's Next Top Model! We also saw Eve and Jay Manuel (again from America's Next Top Model). Definitely an experience I will never forget... Thanks Beck!

2) The Yankees Game! We sat among the most hilarious group of Yankees fans... let's just say the New Yorker's personality was in full effect with these guys. We couldn't stop laughing the entire game, and plus... the Yankees won!

3) Two more of my favorite places... Mood Fabric (from Project Runway) and even more importantly, Max Brenner. If you enjoy chocolate as much as I do, then you need to go to Max Brenner. EVERYTHING is chocolate! We had to roll ourselves home after that experience.

4) The Met... The Brooklyn Bridge... Times Square... (even better, Times Square with my friend Cameron!)... Central Park... We did it all, and our celebrity sightings continued. Matt literally ran into Usher on the street outside of Radio City Music Hall, we saw Lele Sobieski at Bubby's in Tribeca, everyone at the fasion show... the list goes on!

Needless to say, we had an absolutely fabulous time in New York and made some memories that we will never forget. Becky we are looking forward to bringing baby Reese with us next year and thanks again for showing us such a good time. Tell Oates, Kevin and the Swede that we miss them!

8 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Oh my gosh I am officially jealous. The trip sounded amazing. You look amazing too! Hello. . . You are totally glowing. I can't wait to go to New York someday. I need Becky to be my tour guide. Can't wait to see baby girl Reese!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Wow, your trip sounds like it was so much fun! I think the fashion show would probably have been the HIGHLIGHT of my trip...SO COOL!

We loved having you guys over...we should try to get together more often. Ya think? Have fun in Fresno this weekend!

Shauna said...

i cant believe you went to a nicole miller show...how jealous am i? Im sure you were in heaven, Kay...the fashionista that you are. matt looked thrilled.

LOOKS SO FUN!

Treidi said...

Between the music, slideshow, and well written blog I feel like i just went to NY?

thanks for the trip.

PS- i still hope your daughter has Matt's fro it's amazing.

Beth Davis said...

So I was just wondering why I didn't have you on my blog- you are there now- so I can see pictures of your baby girl when she comes!!! You look great by the way!
So- I can't even tell you how jealous I am that you were able to go to a top notch fashion show in NYC! I love it!!! And PS- I love Project Runway! I thought that was the fabric store from the show!

Emily C said...

hey there - my address is:
323 14th St. #8
HBCA

kori said...

we have a blog now. let's be blogging friends

Katie said...

Oh my gosh Kay, you're pregnant!! Its Katie Hatch, I just came across your blog on someone else's sight...I'll have to send you an invite to ours. How are you? Congrats on being pregnant with a little girl. I love having a girl, its so fun! We moved to Puerto Rico in July so Zach could attend medschool and so far we really like it. Check out my blog and add us as a link. Hatchmeistersupdates.blogspot.com