Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy One Month Birthday!



Ok, so I am a terrible mom... I didn't post pictures of Christmas OR Reese's one month birthday until now! I'm the worst! Here are a choice few of the last week's events. Christmas was awesome and so memorable with our little girl. Her Christmas onesie said "Good things come in small packages..." and she looked adorable in it. She loved opening all of her presents Christmas morning... wait, Matt and I opened all of them for her and don't think for a second that just because we bought and wrapped them that we still weren't just as excited! On Christmas Eve, Reese opened her play mat which she completely loves. She has been so much more alert these last two weeks and it is amazing to think how fast she has already grown. She only lasts about 10 minutes or so on the mat before she gets ticked, but her favorite things to look at/play with are the mirror and the giraffe. Christmas morning for Matt and I was just as fun as it was for Reese. My sweet husband spoils me rotten (but who is complaining?!) and we enjoyed spending the rest of the day with the Jones family. Thanks for coming down guys!

On Wednesday the 26th, it was officially Reese's one month birthday! What better way to celebrate it than with Sprinkles Cupcakes! Although, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't enjoy my favorite cupcake... dark chocolate, as I am abstaining from chocolate until Reese gets a little older. She has a tiny sensitive stomach, little cutie. My consolation, however, was a close second. I loved the pumpkin cupcake and highly recommend it! We spent the day walking on the beach and we had a nice lunch with Matt's parents. Our little girl is an angel and she is treating Matt and I very well. We sleep well at night and she only cries when she is hungry or when her mom accidentally eats onions... Matt and I can't complain. Finally, on Friday we went to the Lakers game with our friends Brad and Kori. Who could turn down box seats?! We had a blast and baby girl was well behaved the entire time. It's nice to get out and hang out with friends even after you've had a baby. It makes you feel like you haven't changed despite the addition to the family. I look back at my life and can't believe how much has happened in the last two years. I have never been happier and I can thank Matt (and now Reese) for all of it. Matt, Reese and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

10 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

What a little sweetie. It was so good to see you guys today and to finally see Reese in person! She is darling...and I must admit, makes me want a little girl of my own! Now, don't get me wrong, I love, LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOVE my boys, but a little girl would be kinda fun!! I'm getting quite out numbered over here! Anyway, thanks for coming to Drew's blessing and I hope we'll be able to see you guys again soon!

Ben said...

That's crazy it's already been a month. Laura and I look forward to seeing Reese at the beginning of February.

Becca said...

Oh she is a doll! I love that lavender sweater dress!!!

Megan Bowen said...

She is so cute and I can't wait to meet her. We need to all get together for lunch sometime soon!

Mands Glenn said...

She is perfect! You guys look so great all together at the Lakers Game. You seriously don't look like you just had a baby. I love the bows in her dark hair!

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Ok, I've officially added you guys to my blog link list, so i'll be checking on a regular basis now (3-4 times a day).

I'm impressed you got Reese Christmas presents. Reba and have taken 2 freebies so far with Oliver, since he doesn't know any better. Although next year he'll be old enough to know about presents so we'll have to fork up the dollar or two for a couple candy bars.

Kim Harvey said...

Okay, Christian and Reese are so dating in about 20 years! She is adorable. Love that we got to share our special time in the hospital together. Keep in touch!

Julianne said...

Kay, Matt! I'm so glad that I found you!! Your little girl is adorable... Congratulations! I can't wait to keep in better touch via the blogosphere!

Morph This said...

You know she is almost 2 months now right? Are you going to post once a month? C'MON!

Katie said...

I know I've said it before, but little Reese reminds me so much of Mia. How are you?