Saturday, December 01, 2007

And Reese Makes Three..



You guessed it! She is finally here! Reese Ashley Jones was born on Monday, November 26 at 7:51 am. She was 8 lbs. 7 oz. and 21 inces with a full head of dark hair. We had her via c-section after an hour and a half of pushing. Her head was too big... she takes after her father in that respect! Both Reese, Matt and I are doing great and enjoying being home. Dad is on diaper duty (since he had never changed a diaper in his life until his own daughters!) and we are adjusting to our new life. While in the hospital, little baby girl gave us a bit of a scare... she was a little jaundice and so needed to be put under light therapy for 24 hours. Basically, she needed to get a tan! I hated seeing her in that incubator. It was the hardest thing for me to put her in there because she didn't like it at all and cried constantly. However, now she has been given a clean bill of health and we could not be more relieved.

Apologies go out to all who tried to get a hold of me on my cell this past week. It conveniently died just before we left for the hospital and I could not find my charger! If I haven't already, I will be calling each and everyone of you back! In the meantime, enjoy these pictures of our little sweetheart and know that for Matt and I it was love at first sight!

18 comments:

Jayme said...

Kay!! I am SO happy for you and your husband. She is beautiful. You will love it. Everyone says it just keeps getting better and better, and it is really true!!! Little girls are the sweetest too. I hope the C-section went well. I had one too.

The "O" Clan said...

Hi Kay!
So exciting! You looked gorgeous on that operating table...jealousy! Reese is adorable and was a healthy size like my little one! Keep the pictures coming because it is so fun to see! Lots of love,
Linz

Morph This said...

I"m seriously obsessed with her. What happened to my 10 minutes today?

The Mortensen Clan said...

Kay... I love her!! You look gorgeous. Reese is beautiful Give her a kiss and a squeeze from us. WE LOVE YOU TONS!!!!
Megan

Emily C said...

She's beautiful Kay!! I can't wait to come see her!!

The last Unicorn said...

Congrats Matt and Kaye! Reese is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. The next time I go over to Brad and Koko's, I am going to have to pop in on you.
~Lori

Katie said...

Kay she is beautiful! Nice work! Isn't being a mom amazing? All that hair reminds me of when Mia was born!

Mands Glenn said...

She came! She is beautiful and has such gorgeous olive skin. So happy everything went well and she is healthy and already chunky. The best! Love you guys and can't wait to meet Miss Reese someday!

Unknown said...

Kay!! She is so beautiful and you look great too! I'm so excited for you0--i bet you're the best mommy! Are you taking visitor? Steph and I want to stop by and visit--plus we have a gift for you too. We were so sad to miss your shower!

Treidi said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You guys are going to be amazing parents. We need to start getting going on her and Luke's arranged marriage.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I want one!!!

shari berry bo-berry said...

good work guys! she's gorgeous! can't wait to meet the little doll in person! hope you're recovering smoothly! love ya!

stacy said...

Matt and Kay Congrats! Ryan and I are so excited for you! She is beautiful! We're sorry we didn't get down there to see you two before she came, but hopefully we'll work something out to see you two soon. Crazy to think Matt's a dad...but I'm sure he makes a great one. Maybe I should send Ryan down for some diaper experience! Let me know if you can use the help. Somehow Ryan lost Matt's number (actually not "somehow", he just doesn't program #s into phone and it disappeared of his recently called list magically) Sorry we haven't touched based. We finally got # again so we'll be calling soon! We head to southern Caribbean this weekend for some more fun-- work hard, play hard! Love ryan and Stacy

heidi said...

She is beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see her! Hope you are doing well. Congrats!

PS- I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card and an invite to our awesome New Year's party (in CA, of course).

Megan Bowen said...

She is adorable!!! I can't wait to see her. We need to all get together after the holidays and when things settle in for you guys. Congrats and well done!!!

Amy said...

Kay! She is gorgeous! Congratulations! Im SO excited for you! =)Amy Duran

Amy said...

P.S. Thomas says hi =D

Jeff and Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to meet her! But you will now have to add me to your blog - you know with all that free time you have! :)